Tuesday 6 January 2015

DUCJC 2015 - Day 5

Hello all!

So much for schools starting back Monday - daughter's school was closed because of heating issues! But I didn't let that interfere with my stitching!

This was the new start of the day. The original was stitched using Anchor threads. Obviously the chart I used to convert Anchor to DMC was rubbish as the browns are not even close to the Anchor colours! Maybe I should have used my own eyes and converted them myself. But I suppose I don't really mind. (S)he's still really cute!

I squeezed in 3.5 hours of stitching again..... naughty me! I might hang my head in shame, but there's still a big smile on my face!


Trouble and Squeaks - Loves Me... Loves Me Not...
Featured in Cross Stitcher August 2009
Stitched on 32ct Antique White Opalescent Evenweave by Fabric Flair 2 over 2


I had to choose an evenweave for this project as there are so many fractionals. I can't say I'm looking forward to stitching the circle of daisies but I know that it's needed to enhance the central design and I'm sure I'll be pleased and proud once it's done.

I'm really enjoying watching all of your new starts too. It's great to see so many people have taken up the challenge.

More Margaret Sherry tomorrow!

Love and hugs
Rachel x

10 comments:

Miamina said...

Even though the browns aren't the same, it's still going to look lovely. It'll be unique to you! I love how cute it is :) Great start!

Katie said...

Such a cute design! I like your conversion better honestly.

Anonymous said...

sooo cute

Ruth said...

Oh! So cute. Your browns are great. they make your critter special. :)

Elaine said...

All your starts have been so cute! You're tempting me to get out some of my old magazines and do a few small pieces for a change.

Mii Stitch said...

So so so cute!!! I love MS little mice!

Linda said...

Such a cute design. Nice progress Rachel and I think your colors are fine.

Linda

StitchyDon said...

Looks lovely !!!

Pull the other thread said...

Such a cute start. The DMC browns still look great together even if they aren't exactly the same as the Anchor.

Stitching Noni said...

I love Margaret Sherry designs! While I haven't stitched this particular one... I have done a similar one of her designs to this. They always look so sweet when finished :o)
hugs xx