Monday 5 January 2015

DUCJC 2015 - Day 4

Good morning!

I'm afraid to say that (after packing away all the Christmas things) a second Top Gear Challenges DVD went on yesterday afternoon which meant another three hours of solid stitching in the company of my son. Oh dear, what a shame! This brought the stitching total for this project to 3.5 hours.

Solo the Cat is charted by Anchor so I converted the threads to DMC. This has resulted in him (apparently it is a male cat) being a little more yellow than cream. But I still love him and hopefully the rest of the colours will look more natural once added. If not, I don't really care!!!!


Feline Groovy (not stitching flowerpot)
Featured in Cross Stitch Crazy
Stitched on 16ct Clay over-dyed Aida by Fabric Flair 2 over 1


Everything now returns to normal with hubby back at work and the children back at school. It would be nice to think I could continue to stitch for 3 hours every day but that is unlikely.

Next up is my first ever Margaret Sherry design. I'm very excited as (s)he is just sooooo adorable!

Until then,

Love and hugs,
Rachel x

6 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

Another cutie!!! Love it :)
Looking forward to see your MS start tomorrow xx

Miamina said...

Lovely little kitty, I think it looks great and I'm sure you'll be happier with it once he's finished :)

Katie said...

Adorable start!

Linda said...

Another cute start Rachel. You have found the cutest designs and I want them all. lol

Unknown said...

Love the cat, better if it was a little dog. I'm a dog person lol.

Stitching Noni said...

I adore your kitty!! And he is going to be more of a marmalade kitty but still very very handsome!!
Hugs xx