Thursday 22 January 2015

DUCJC 2015 - Day 21

Good morning!

Wow! I was overwhelmed with your responses to yesterday's wintry Tatty Ted design. It seems as if you all like him and the fabric. Thank you so much for such wonderful comments!

Day 21 brought another Margaret Sherry design which accompanies my day 6 start of two mice hugging under a daisy. If you remember, I thought that without the backstitching the daisy resembled icing on a cupcake, so with that in mind I tried to create another iced cupcake. I didn't quite manage it but at least with some pink it doesn't look too much like a fried egg!


Daisy Umbrella (my title)
Featured in Summer Fun free booklet with Cross Stitch Crazy issue 167
Stitched on 16ct Antique White Aida 2 over 1


Back tomorrow!

Love and hugs
Rachel x

13 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

Love your fried egg!!!! :)
Another wonderful MS design.... I'm so jealous, they are all so sweet!
Really can't wait for you to finish these off, so that I can drool... I meant admire them.

Pull the other thread said...

So cute. Love these designs.

Justine said...

What a cute design! So pretty. Oodles of cuteness on your blog in January!

sew.darn.quilt said...

MS's mice are the cutest! You're off to a great start ")

Katie said...

Another fantastic design. Love the egg look haha.

Heather said...

Lol fried egg yep that's what it looks like very cute though!

Linda said...

Your torturing us with all this cuteness Rachel. lol Another one I wish I had.

Linda

Caitlin D said...

Seeing all these Margaret Sherry designs makes me want to have them all! They're so adorable; fried eggs, cupcakes, and all... lol.

Kate said...

Cute, cute! I never would have seen the "fried egg" until you pointed it out. Either way, it's terrific stitching.

Angela said...

Such a cute design choice! Great start too :)

Sarah said...

I love these little mice!

Lauren M said...

So cute! Love the flower for the umbrella :) Great progress :)

Miamina said...

Lovely start, well done :)