Tuesday 20 January 2015

DUCJC 2015 - Day 19

Hello again!

My original intention for this chart was to stitch the sections individually and frame it as a triptych but, as you can see, I changed my mind, partly because the pictures tell a story and partly because it would be cheaper to frame as one piece! I aimed to try to complete the leaf, which I did.


All Aboard the Walnut Shells
Featured in Cross Stitcher July 2007
Stitched on 16ct Lagoon over-dyed Aida by Fabric Flair 2 over 1


Love and hugs
Rachel x

12 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

WOW!! I absolutely love this design! I've seen it stitched before but realised it was from a magazine, so will not be able to get my hands on it. You have made a beautiful start and I'm really looking forward to admire your finish piece, it's going to be fabulous xx

Pull the other thread said...

Awwww this is so so cute. You have made an amazing start on it already. Well done.

Annie said...

I've always loved this design. I'm glad you're doing it as one continuous piece:) Great start!

Katie said...

Oh no another adorable design. Just makes you say Aw! Love it!! Great progress.

Kate said...

Cute :-) I agree, it'll be nicer as one piece.

Justine said...

I stitched this! It hangs in my younger son's bedroom. It's a really cute piece. You will be stitching cuties all year!

Linda said...

Such a cute design Rachel. You have made a nice start on it.

Linda

Ruth said...

That is adorable! Congrats on your leaf.

Keebles said...

Congrats for sticking with this crazy challenge! You've really picked some good ones!

Caitlin D said...

Sometimes cheaper is better. Lol. That's what I tell myself every time there's a clearance sale.
The piece is so cute!!

sharine said...

That design is so sweet:)

Stitching Noni said...

I adore this design. I have only stitched one mouse (the one with the leaf) but one day I would like to do the whole design as one. Enjoy!
Hugs xx