Tuesday 13 January 2015

DUCJC 2015 - Day 12

Hello dear things!

I couldn't resist the allure of this playful little kitten, the first in a set of four, two of which I am starting for the Challenge. The charts contain only full stitches so have that slightly "messy" feel where partial stitches overlap the backstitching. I could have adjusted for fractionals but I actually quite like the messy look; it somehow makes the kitten seem more mischievous!

I would normally stitch from the top but, for a change, fancied stitching the watering can first then working around it. Luckily I had enough time to finish the pinks, which was my aim for the day.


Playful Puss 1
Featured in ???
Stitched on 16ct Antique White Aida 2 over 1


Next up..... the first of my Tatty Teds.

Love and hugs
Rachel x

7 comments:

Brigitte said...

I have just seen what you started during the last 12 days for Debbie's Challenge and wow, what a bunch of lovely designs. And a couple of nice Margaret Sherry's among them. You have a great challenge going on and I'm looking forward what will be next.

Mii Stitch said...

What a sweet little kitty!!! Well the watering can just look great :)
I really love your choices of patterns for this DUCJC!!
Roll on tomorrow xx

StitchyDon said...

Looks so cute, I like the look of whole stitches sometimes !!!

Linda said...

Another adorable start Rachel. You have found some of the cutest designs to start.

Linda

Caitlin D said...

Cute kitty! Looks great so far.

Katie said...

Another adorable design! Great job on it.

Stitching Noni said...

I have stitched this kitty a few years ago for a birthday card! I love the cute kitties that Lucie Heaton designed.... and yes you're right about the whole stitches adding something to the design instead of the fractionals being neat and tidy....
Enjoy!
Hugs xx