Sunday 11 January 2015

DUCJC 2015 - Day 10

Hello everyone!

Here's day 10's start. I did sit and stitch much more than I should have done, but hubby and the children were amusing themselves so I took advantage!


Dragon of Earth
Free chart from Dragon Dreams Inc.
Stitched on 16ct Nebula hand-dyed Aida by The Crafty Kitten 2 over 1


To begin with I wasn't too keen on the earthy colours, but seeing as he's an Earth Dragon they make perfect sense so are now growing on me. His green scales should be brighter and in Kreinik but I substituted for an earthy DMC. Goodness knows what the red bits are. His finger and toe nails are in the same red so fangs perhaps? 

Back tomorrow with a cutie.

Love and hugs
Rachel x

8 comments:

Justine said...

He's cute and I love that fabric! No idea what the red bits are either but I'll ask my boys later as they are dragon experts!

Katie said...

The red bits are basically like whiskers in my opinion. Great progress! Love the fabric.

Emma/Itzy said...

He is lovely and I love the fabric ! x

Linda said...

Cute start Rachel. Love the fabric color. I think I have these charts printed out.

Linda

Caitlin D said...

Cute start! The fabric is amazing!

Sarah said...

That fabric is gorgeous! Gotta love the long stitching days! I actually stitch about 8 hours a day (at least) but I'm so slow one handed it seems like I don't get much done.

Mii Stitch said...

Great start! And the fabric!!! OMG, the fabric!! FAN-TAS-TIC xx

Stitching Noni said...

OMG I love your fabric! He is going to look amazing when finished!
I think the red bits will be his whiskers or tendrils that some dragons have (the older ones are often drawn with things hanging off their faces and necks - so I think that is what they are supposed to be!)
Great start... can't wait to see more
Hugs xx