Thursday 1 January 2015

2015 Stitching Plans

Good morning everybody and welcome to 2015!

I hope you all had a good night's sleep and are ready for the first day of action.

Here's what I have planned for this year...

I didn't do that well on meeting my targets in 2014, probably because they were too specific and my stitching tastes changed during the year. So in 2015 I am going to have more open-ended plans.

I am decreasing the number of large WIPs as they have become a burden more than a joy, especially those with a lot of confetti-stitching. I need smaller projects which grow quicker and give me the satisfaction of a finish. It doesn't mean I won't finish the larger projects, just put them aside for the moment.

So in 2015 my stitching plans are:

1)  STITCH FROM STASH
Run by Mel of Epic Stitching. I spent quite a lot on charts, fabric and threads in 2014 so should have plenty to keep me going! For ease, the $25 monthly budget will be converted to £16. Let's see if I can stick to it!

2)  DEBBIE'S ULTIMATE CRAZY JANUARY CHALLENGE
I had planned to join this just a couple of weeks before Debbie sadly passed away so am glad it is continuing in her memory. It took me a good couple of months to whittle the number of charts down to 31 (maybe I should have done the January/February challenge?) and pull together all the charts, threads and fabrics I needed. I will begin stitching a new piece every day during January and then work on them when the mood takes me. I genuinely have no idea how many I will be able to finish during the year so have set 6 (20%) as a rough guesstimate.

3)  LIZZIE KATE MONTHLY FLIP-IT STAMPS (2005)
These stamps will be stitched at regular intervals during the year, starting each new one on the 1st of the month. As they are relatively quick to stitch there should be 12 finishes for the year!

4)  A NEW STITCHY START 2015
Run by Tammy. As I had planned to restart Scarlet Macaw Preening in 2015 I decided to join this SAL in order for me to try to make at least some progress on this project each month. It's going to take a very long time to stitch (I estimate 700 hours) so any progress at all will be a step in the right direction. It'll also be at first for me as I'll be updating monthly as opposed to 10 hourly (panic attack building!) This has it's own page within my blog.

5)  CONTINUE WITH
a)  Mini The Owrd Lord
b)  Dolphin Ruins
c)  OMG Tigger Is Out

6)  PROBABLY START
a)  Owls In Love
b)  Dragon Eye
c)  some of the Small Charts in my stash eg DMC Sepia Kittens, DMC Woodland Folk, Gloria and Pat's Young'uns, Heritage Little Black Cats, Heritage Silhouettes, Pixel People and Satsuma Street Pretty Little Cities (although this very much depends on how many DUCJC pieces I finish as I do not want to become a massive serial starter!)

7)  POSSIBLY, BUT PROBABLY NOT, STITCH ON
a)  QS Come Softly
b)  Mini Bookworm Fairy
c)  Mini One

8)  CONSIGN TO UFOs
a)  QS Emerald Dragon
b)  SK The History of Chocolate
c)  QS Fairy With Butterfly Mask

There seem to be an awful lot of ideas, but there are 365 days to fill!!!

If you are working out plans or targets good luck in setting and keeping to them!

Love and hugs :)
Rachel x

5 comments:

Katie said...

Good luck on all your goals!

Monique said...

Good luck with your goals and hope that you reach them by the end.

Linda said...

Great plans for the year Rachel, I have 4 of the Pretty Little Cities in my start pile. I also have lots of the pixel people type. Good luck.

Linda

Kate said...

Great stitchy plans :-)

Anonymous said...

beautiful plans