Friday 10 October 2014

Star Trek TNG - finished and framed!

Hello fellow stitchers!

It may have taken another two weeks to finish the last character but, yes, it's finally happy dance time again! Star Trek The Next Generation is finished and framed and looks like this:


Pixel Power
Stitched on 16ct Navy Blue Aida 2 over 1
Stitch count 115 wide by 89 high
Started - 26th August 2014
Finished - 9th October 2014
Total stitching time - 25 hours


The black frame is just a standard 10 x 8 from Wilkinsons. It isn't perfect but as I didn't want to spend a lot framing this piece it'll do for now, although, as the photo proves, it does need non-reflective glass!

Now (and I'm aware I also said this after finishing Hang in There) I MUST return to my big projects and try to reach some more targets for 2014. But... I'm still not in the mood for starting Mini Space Traveler (or any other new project for that matter) nor in returning to my current WIPs. So I have pulled out Autumnal Abstract, one of my Suspended Works in Progress which hasn't been stitched on since I stopped going to my Cross Stitch Club back in July 2006! The colours are perfect for this time of year and I can see myself not putting it down for quite some time.

Until next time then,

All the best and
Happy stitching :)
Rachel x

PS Happy 13th birthday to my daughter Heather. You're extra special and I love you loads!

10 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

Great finish Rachel, the black frame is a lovely idea!!

Emma/Itzy said...

Well done on the finish, it looks great. Can always rely on Wilko for frames at decent prices, I have used quite a few for my stitching :)

Justine said...

Perfect frame for a lovely finish! I love these little Pixel designs. Just had a look at Autumnal Abstract and can see why you want to stitch on it at this time of year - beautiful colours. I love how you have written a bit about each of your WIPs to explain why you love them. You have some beautiful projects on the go.

Lulu said...

Beautiful finish Rachel!

Linda said...

Congrats on the adorable finish Rachel. You are very bad. I just went through all your pages and I am in love with those - Day Shift, Night Shift etc. You have quite a few and there are a lot on your wish list. Are they kits or charts? Would you be interested in selling the charts when your done stitching them.

Linda

Rachel said...

Thank you Mii. Perhaps I'll be a bit more adventurous with my next finish though! :)

Rachel said...

Thanks Emma. I agree with you about Wilkos. I must take a really good look at your blog now and try to find what you've used Wilkos frames for!! :)

Rachel said...

Thanks Justine. I'm a big believer that memories are important and should be recorded for future generations (and even myself when I look back in a few years). And as I tend to talk too much anyway this is a perfect place to record my feelings about my projects. :)

Rachel said...

Thank you Lulu. Sometimes simple is best. :)

Rachel said...

Thanks, Linda. I'm not sure which of my current and wish list projects you are on about but I tend to buy more charts than kits, usually off ebay, and download charts where possible. I do sell some charts on once I have finished stitching them but am also aware of copyright laws. Drop me a line with your preferences and I'll see what I can do. :)