Monday 13 October 2014

Autumnal Abstract - 70 hour update

Hello again!

Oh boy, am I whizzing through this design or what? I was very naughty on Sunday, putting housework on the back-burner in order to stitch. Coupled with the late nights, this 10 hour stint went very quickly! And I don't feel too guilty as it doesn't happen very often!

So, here are the progress pictures:

 After 60 hours

After 70 hours


The fact that most of this design is in blocks makes progress very obvious. I love it!

Some of you have commented on my sleep-limiting pattern so, to update you, I have to say that I am feeling full of energy, very refreshed and raring to go. If I compare this to the last five years, when daytime sleeps and early nights were often a necessity, I realize what a totally different person I am! How bizarre does that seem!!!

Right, back to housework..... I've got a bit of catching up to do!

All the best and
Happy stitching :)
Rachel x

10 comments:

Sasha said...

It's looking good!
I have decided to take a page from you and limit my sleep, too. I remember that I used to sleep 6-7 hours a night and would be great throughout the day. I'm now getting about 8.5-9ish, and I always seem to be more tired. After reading about your sleep limiting, I am going to give that a try and cut back to 7 hours for a while to see if that helps.
Plus, it doesn't hurt to have more stitchy time!

Mii Stitch said...

Just had a little look at the finished design and it is absolutely FANTASTIC!!! Huge progress :)

Heather said...

Looks great! I love those colors

Linda said...

Wonderful progress Rachel. I really like this design and the lovely colors.

Linda

Rachel said...

Welcome to my blog Sasha! Good luck with trying the sleep limiting. You're right - anything that allows more stitching time is always good! :)

Rachel said...

Oh, thank you Mii. You sound so enthusiastic about this design! I'm glad I brought it out of retirement! :)

Rachel said...

Thanks Heather. These colours are so gorgeous to work with. I guess being an autumn baby influences my love of autumn colours! :)

Rachel said...

Thank you Linda. It's gorgeous to stitch, and with no confetti makes the stitching even more pleasurable! :)

Lulu said...

Beautiful stitching! This design is really growing :)

Tamara said...

I've often admired this design in the stitching catalogues; it's looking great!