Monday 27 October 2014

Autumnal Abstract - 110 hour update

Hello all!

I love being able to do regular postings on this piece and thank you again for all your kind comments, including how quickly I stitch. But I'm not actually that fast a stitcher. This pattern has blocks of colours throughout with very little confetti stitching, so it's very easy and quick to follow as the needle isn't jumping around all over the place and only a small amount of counting is required. Couple that with the fact that I now stitch for a good 2-3 hours each night (and possibly sneak in some stitching at the weekend) and... hey presto... progress looks quick. Once I return to more complicated designs you will see my progress rate drop quite rapidly!!!

So, onto the usual pictures:

After 100 hours

After 110 hours


No doubt I'll be back within the week with another progress report! It's half term for the children but as we've got nothing definite planned I might be able to do some additional stitching whilst they relax on their computers.

For those interested, the sleep limiting is still working well. I'm regularly on 5.5 hours per night but ask hubby to leave me to wake up naturally at the weekend when I tend to have about 7-8 hours. I may have the odd snooze during the day but only for 10 minutes or so, so it's nowhere near as bad as the heavy sleeps I used to need to keep me going. I'm much more awake and so happy at being able to stitch regularly. Yippee!!

Big hugs to all,

All the best and
Happy stitching :)
Rachel x

14 comments:

Annie said...

I don't think I've commented on this piece yet, but I'm really enjoying your updates. I love the colors in this one!

Tricia T said...

Wonderful stitching updates!! I'm glad that you are able to stitch more, even if you are sleeping less. It seems to be working for you and that is wonderful!! Tricia

Heather said...

How big is this project? The colors are so cool I'm enjoying the updates

Mii Stitch said...

Another beautiful update :)
Glad the sleep control works!

Unknown said...

Beautiful stitching! Awesome choice of project and very different too which is intriguing.

I know the sleep thing very well as I suffer from similar issues with sleep, it's a real pain in the behind!

Justine said...

Beautiful colours in this piece. I love seeing your updates. As Thoeria says, it's so very different from much of what is available. I wish I was brave enough to try the sleep limiting as I would love extra stitching time but my memory is bad enough as it is with 7 hours a night!

Rachel said...

Thank you Annie. It's nice to know people are interested in what I'm doing!!!! :)

Rachel said...

Thank you Tricia and welcome to my blog! :)

Rachel said...

Thanks Heather. The stitch size is 226 x 151 so is going to be approx 14" x 9.5" on my 16ct Aida. I haven't decided how it's going to be framed yet though! :)

Rachel said...

Thanks Mii! Glad to know my regular updates are not boring everyone to death..... yet!!! :)

Rachel said...

Thanks Thea. I just love Autumn and the colours associated with it. I think I'd be happy stitching in these colours forever! :)

Rachel said...

Thank you Justine. I know the sleep limiting will not work for most people. But as I do not go out to work my brain is not used much so requires very little recharging!! Maybe that's the secret to why it works for me!!!! :)

Linda said...

Wonderful progress Rachel. I so love this design. Would you be interested in selling the chart when your done.

Linda

Rachel said...

Thank you Linda. I am going to give away this chart when I have finished. Watch this blog for further info! :)