Saturday 28 June 2014

QS Hang In There - 70 hour update

Good afternoon one and all!

First of all, I'd like to welcome my new followers, so hello to The Crafty Princess, Lynda, Pull the other thread, spiritedsummer, Heidi82, Rai Rai's Stitches, SoCal Debbie, joyfuljenilee and Lynda H. I hope you all enjoy my stitching antics.

With Start Trek TNG and Voyager (or Wimbledon) playing in the background, this stint of Hang In There has not been too bad. As Annie commented, take some advice from the project title and "hang in there" so that is exactly what I have done! Thanks Annie! And as the end is getting nearer I'm getting more excited and itching to complete it.

So without further ado here are the usual pictures:

After 60 hours

After 70 hours

The tail and bottom are now complete and I am working upwards filling in the gaps. I usually work the other way round, but want to stitch the green peg last because I am not happy with the colours and will probably change them. This means frogging the golden-browns that have already been stitched but at least there aren't that many and I know I'll be happier with the result.

One of my sisters is visiting for the coming week so I doubt I'll get much stitching done. She has ME and fibromyalgia and finds it hard to move around much, so will be sitting in my comfy stitching chair most of the time. At least mum and Julie have active brains and mouths so can yap to their hearts content while I wait on them!!! Perhaps this will be a good time to try to complete the second Taste of Tuscany smalls whilst watching Wimbledon.

So until next time,

All the best and
Happy stitching :)
Rachel x

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the welcome, very thoughtful :-) hope you have a nice time with your sister coming. My dad has ME too and it's so debilitating, more than people realise! Although maybe if she has an afternoon nap you can squeeze some stitchy time in ;-)

Unknown said...

Looking fantastic! I've been stitching to re-runs of Voyager too (on the Syfy channel)..... great minds!

Thea @ Gizzimomo's Stitchy Place

The Crafty Princess said...

Thank you for the welcome too. I hope you manage to get a little Rachel time in whilst your family is visiting too. Enjoy the tennis and stitching on Tuscany.
Take care stunner
xo Alicia

SoCal Debbie said...

Your kitty is so cute, Rachel! Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm happy to be down to only 91 WIPs now. The max was 98 and I was trying to stay under 100. My goal is to get down to 50 before I start my 31 new ones next January!